Email Recruitment.email@example.com for more info, or to submit your application
Position Title: Supply Chain Finance Controller
Reporting line: Supply Chain Controlling Manager
Number of direct reports: /
Strategic purpose of the position: To work with the Supply Chain Management Team within the assigned units to increase shareholder value for the Company by setting and supporting delivery of challenging financial and non-financial targets within an effective and robust financial control environment; Support the development of strategy, modelling options for business scenarios to ensure effective business decision making, and track and advise Supply Chain Management team on performance against target throughout the year.
- Support the business planning cycle of Supply Chain (and Purchasing) within the assigned units for the Strategic Plan, Final Budget and Latest Estimates.
- Lead and coordinate the analysis of internal and external Supply Chain movements / benchmarks, and forecast future supply chain trends and impact on the business.
- Provide advice and guidance, and influence/strengthen decision making in Supply Chain. Lead analysis to provide the financial impact of Supply Chain decisions affecting the P&L.
- Monitor and develop insight on the quantitative and qualitative performance of the Supply Chain department, and communicate this insight through the preparation and delivery of streamlined reporting including commentary.
- Ensure risks and opportunities are managed throughout the year and material business decisions are taking these risk and opportunities into account
- Act as a key part of the decision making process for Supply Chain decisions (investments, divestments, procurement agreements). Lead projects within the Operation, related to Capex and post audits.
- Analysis Supply Chain and Purchasing spend and offer appropriate challenge. Partner with the plant management in efforts for cost savings / reduction.
- Champion the efficiency and effectiveness of all related financial and business processes, measuring and reporting on improvements
- Able to identify alternatives and opportunities in order to stimulate the formulation of and ensure the development of coherent business strategies
- Able to translate business strategy into financial and operational plans, metrics and targets
- Able to provide reliable and relevant information, insight and challenge on business performance in order to ensure optimal decision making
- Able to understand and integrate diverse business and functional perspectives in order to ensure alignment in decision making and actions
- Able to identify opportunities and realize change in order to optimize process efficiency and effectiveness to meet changing business requirements
- Able to identify, measure and assess financial risks, establish and deploy policies, controls and mitigating actions, in order to achieve an optimal balance between risk and return
- Able to create and sustain high quality stakeholder relationships, in order to manage expectations and influence decision making to achieve objectives
- The ability to report and communicate effectively, in order to enhance internal and external understanding of business performance and strategy
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, especially the manufacturing module
- Business Partnering: Ability to support and challenge the business and the stakeholders to raise standards in key decision areas, taking a forward-looking view and high emotional intelligence to help articulate different options and influence decisions.
- Ability to operate effectively with minimum supervision and a positive attitude
- Leadership skills: able to foster collaboration, motivate, engage and mentor other members and develop people
- Self-starter / can adapt well to change and embrace continuous learning and personal development.
- Teamwork - Ability to lead / contribute to cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organizational abilities; multitasking; the capacity to work under pressure; time management skills: ability to work under tight deadlines
- Degree - Finance, Accounting, Commerce or similar - Required
- Higher Degree / Recognized professional management accounting qualification, (CIMA / ICWA) – Preferred
- Manufacturing Finance / Cost Accounting / Standard Costing / Budgeting / Financial Analysis / Variance Analysis / New Product Costing
- Capital Investments Appraisal
- Financial / Internal Controls
- Minimum 7 years of finance / accounting experience preferably in a multinational company
- Minimum 3 years of ‘’hands on’’ supply chain finance / manufacturing finance experience in a manufacturing environment
This Job Description (JD) specifies the Employee’s duties and responsibilities and shall be considered a dynamic document. Thus, the JD may at any time, and without notification, be altered unilaterally by the Company, within the applicable limits of such alterations.